Wednesday, January 22, 2014

New Year already??

Wow what happened there? I haven't been updating my blog for almost a year! Time really does fly I guess.

I have been busy keeping up with 3 boys of course and on top of that, I have finished English to Japanese translation course.

And in Summer last year for a 5 weeks I stayed in Japan after nearly 5 years of not going back. It was surreal going back to Japan after such a long time and after such a traumatic event, 3.11.

It was almost like having a "reverse culture-shock" at the begging of our stay there but soon I got used to it and my boys and I enjoyed our stay in Japan very much.

Anyway here is a picture re-cap of last years events.


Fruits topped cheesecake I made for my oldest son's B.day.

A femaleTaiko drummer playing
at a local Tanabata Festival.

Colorful decorations of Tanabata.

We had a blast at Akasawa Forest Therapy Park
Agematsu, Nagano

Magnificent view of Matsumoto City

Mikoshi and the mikoshi fellows at local autumn festival.




My hometown is famous for these "Gohei-mochi".
They are so yummy!
Last but not least, here is some information about the park and other I mentioned above.

Akasawa Forest Therapy Park
http://www.go-nagano.net/modules/contents07/index.php?id=1&mode=disdetailsisetu&cityid=68&junleid=5&indexid=3&kubuncode=2


Gohei Mochi
http://www.go-nagano.net/modules/contents07/index.php?id=1&mode=disdetailsisetu&cityid=901&junleid=7&indexid=4&kubuncode=4

No comments:

Post a Comment